Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Smugly

I attended the Harlequin party last night and was impressed! It was very classy, very fun and I was amazed to find that I knew a lot of the people there.
The party was held at a place called Arena. Very chic! Very hip!
One of the things that impressed me was that everyone mingled and seemed to chat with everyone else. I didn't detect any "clicks" or haughtiness. It was one of those experiences that made me think, "wow! I would love to write for these prole! I would love to be a part of this!" Kudos go out to Harlequin for being cool, chic and fun! And bonus points to them for the free food and drinks! Lol
Afterward I hung out with some old friends and new! The conversation turned to bad-behavior-by-authors. Since I was sitting with readers, and not authors, I got told some terrible stories that shocked me! I was amazed at the authors I was told about, and very interested in how those experiences deeply affected the fan/reader telling the story.
I now have a running list of authors reported to get mad and ride if you don't recognize them! And a list of smug ones who have a "better than you complex"!
Luckily, it is a short list!
The night was wonderful and now I'm sitting in the airport waiting to go home, wher I hope to sleep...until Thursday! Lol
Sheila
Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

1 comment:

Christi said...

I'm glad you have the advantage of getting both sides of the story, the readers and the authors. Readers do see authors as larger than life most times. Everyone has their bad moments, even everyday people who are authors. I know you will keep your perspective when hearing all those stories.

Christi